Monday, May 13, 2013

Assorted Thoughts

Why do we still have this washing machine that doesn't work, cluttering up our bathroom? I have been promised that someone will contact me concerning it's removal and replacement, but no such contact has taken place. Irritation abounds.

This whole month the temperatures have been in the 50s and 60s with rain almost everyday. It's not as bad as the winter but still, this is ridiculous. It's almost June. Where's the heat?

I never watched Miami Ink in the US, but I am obsessed with it now that there's French dubbing. Random, I know, but I can't get enough.

Jason and I are growing pepper plants from some seeds his dad sent us. I was embarrassingly excited on the day I first saw the sprouts finally start to peek up out of the soil. I did a little dance and may have even squealed. Don't judge. Nature is awesome.



Is it wrong to be jealous of a three-year-old's shoe collection? This little girl is more fashionable than me and I don't know if I'm comfortable with it.




I met a man from Senegal at the prefecture the other day and it turned out that he works at this taco restaurant down the street. In my eagerness to eat tacos and potentially pick up a summer job, we exchanged phone numbers. Unfortunately, he dropped the "You are just so beautiful" bombshell one day and I have managed to dodge all of his attempts at communication since. Why can't you be more like the guys at the kebab place and just wave to me from afar, offering me discounted meals when I come in wasted at 1:30am? By the way, the tacos were good but they're not real tacos.

I love grammar but I hate pointless grammar exercises. There is no good reason for mechanical fill-in drills that have no relation to our communicative goals. The 1970s called. They want their foreign language instructional methods back.

For the first time in the 28 years of my life, I legitimately skipped school and went to the beach. It was worth it, but I still felt guilty. Seriously, Nicole? Nerd.



I was cat-sitting for one of Jason's co-workers earlier this month and it made me really miss Carlos. Huggie the rental cat was cool, too, but definitely not anywhere even close to my buddy Carlito! Full blown cat-lady status: achieved!
Carlos, you are crazy and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment